There’s good news and bad news for drivers under the age of 25. The good news first: your youth and inexperience isn’t the only factor that insurance companies look at when pricing your car insurance policy. The bad news: where you live figures heavily into your ability to obtain the lowest car insurance possible. In other words, the pain doesn’t necessarily end when you hit the ripe old age of 25. Check below to see how your current hometown ranks in the top 10 list of most and least expensive car insurance rates by state.
Most Expensive States for Used and New Car Insurance
1. Louisiana: $2510.87 per year (average)
2. Michigan: $2098.29 per year (average)
3. Oklahoma: $1869.39 per year (average)
4. Montana: $1857.96 per year (average)
5. California: $1774.41 per year (average)
6. South Dakota: $1722.83 per year (average)
7. Washington, D.C.: $1753.19 per year (average)
8. Georgia: $1751.42 per year (average)
9. Illinois: $1679.15 per year (average)
10. Connecticut: $1678.90 per year (average)
Least Expensive States for Used and New Car Insurance
1. Maine: $902.85 per year (average)
2. Vermont: $968.58 per year (average)
3. Ohio: $999.86 per year (average)
4. Wisconsin: $1010.93 per year (average)
5. New Hampshire: $1011.23 per year (average)
6. Iowa: $1039.04 per year (average)
7. Massachusetts: $1043.80 per year (average)
8. North Carolina: $1130.45 per year (average)
9. Arizona: $1152.50 per year (average)
10. Tennessee: $1170.12 per year (average)
Factors like population, traffic congestion, road conditions and medical coverage laws all factor into these rates. If you live in one of the more expensive states, try your hand at finding discount car insurance by comparing instant insurance quotes from at least four companies. Shopping around could significantly decrease the amount of money you pay out on premiums.
How do you Know when it is Necessary to Call the Police when Involved in a Car Accident?
When you are in a major auto accident, you already know that it is important to call the police and an ambulance. If you do not contact the authorities personally, then it is likely that passersby ...
Read More →
Am I able to Change My Home or Auto Insurance Policies Mid-Term?
As you searched for your current home or auto insurance policy, you probably did the "right thing" and compared prices before you settled on the policies which you bought. Now, you're mid-term with...
Read More →
Finding out your Options when your Auto Insurance Denies your Claim
As if dealing with the hassle of an auto accident wasn’t enough, your insurance company has now denied your claim. Your car is wrecked, you’re out several hundred or more dollars, and y...
Read More →